Thursday, October 21, 2010

Garage Sale Scores

My husband and I LOVE to hit garage sales. Since we don't have the same days off, I have had to go solo lately. But since I have found all these cool DIY and how to decorate your house on a dime blogs....I've been finding all kinds of cool things to use around the house. Here are my 'scores' for this trip:


I actually got these at Goodwill. $3 for all 4!!! Less than a dollar a piece! SCORE! They are glass and have felt on the bottoms....I have plans for hurricane glasses with these!


I have plans for the little frame - spray paint and ribbon. The bigger one is brand new and that is cork around the edges. 10 cents each! SCORE!

The aligator clips are going to be used to make hair bows, the sign will get spray paint - I just liked it! and the spackle is for my husband.

Aligator clips - 25 cents, sign - 25 cents, spackle - 50 cents
These are for my grandson - 50 cents each!!

The DVD is brand new...still has plastic on it!
Everyone needs an Elmer Fud hat - and this one is Columbia brand.$1.50!!!
2 Tupperware containers - look brand new - retail $15 each
I paid $1 each!! SCORE!!
I love mosaic glass! The one on the right even has a light in it!
$1.50, $1 , $2
I didn't realize until I got home that the clear one is Partylite!! SCORE!

I plan to spray paint these and add to a tall vase. They were on clearance

7 cents each! 38 cents with tax!
This was it for today...

Garage Sale & Thrift Store finds - $13.58



GETTING to go garage saling - Pricele$$



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating PhotobucketPhotobucket/

9 comments:

  1. What awesome treasures you have here...love those candle holders and that cork picture frame! Hop over and show off all your treasures at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see you there:) I'm now following you.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you found some awesome things! I wish I had your garage/yard sales in my area, thanks for sharing your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Finds! I love shopping garage sales and thrift stores too. This year my family is combining that love with Christmas. Come check out my Thrifty Christams Challenge. Maybe you'd like to join us? :o) Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Coastal Charm. Happy Thrifting! Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what great finds! i love those candlesticks and that columbia hat! crazy good! stopping by from frugalicious friday.

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlfriend you hit the jackpot!!!! What awesome finds!!! LOve them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go girl, great little finds, love the hurricanes!

    Come and see my latest find, would love your comments, I will also have a new giveaway soon!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you do find some good deals at garage sales. I wish my husband shared my passion like your does. Your so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She Shoots She Score !!! Awesome Pickings !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment because they are Pricele$$ to me!!