Saturday, October 23, 2010

Under $3 Wreath


I saw this wreath while visiting Centsible Savings blog and knew I had to make one! It was absolutely gorgeous and so inexpensive - two of my fav things!!

I went to the Dollar Tree and got a $1 wreath. Then Walmart to get the natural color coffee filters. They were $1.12 for 100 - I bought 2 packs. I'm thinking this wreath done in white coffee filters with spiders might be great for Halloween - maybe next year!!
I went ahead and separate the filters before I started gluing.
This is how it looks once you get started, isn't it pretty already? It took me a little while to get a pattern that I could work with...I'll show that in the next two pics.
I started folding the filters in half.....
then scrunching together, almost like a 'z'....tiny dot of glue to hold flaps down...then good size dot of glue to hold to wreath....yes, you will burn the tar out of your fingers...I have blisters to prove it...but oh, it was worth it!
Keep scrunching and gluing, working your way around the wreath. I left the back of mine empty because I planned on hanging it on a mirror.
Here's what the back looked like
Once done, I had to cover the back since it would hang on a mirror and you would be able to see all the ugly back there! So I folded the filters in half and glued those around the back covering all the glued pieces and the exposed wreath.
I also glued the ribbon directly to the wreath.
Then cover that with a folded coffee filter too.
Then hung on my mirror in the front all. I just used flat tacks and tacked it to the top of the mirror...I decided on just ribbon, no bow for this one.
Yes, I know my other decorations need HELP.....next weekend's project!
Dollar Tree Wreath - $1
1 1/2 Packs of coffee filters - $1.68
Adding something beautiful to me house for under $3 - Pricele$$












PhotobucketUndertheTableandDreamingmmm buttonThe DIY Show Off Sumo Sweet Stuff ”DIY Keeping It SimpleBWS tips buttonMaking Photobucket/
All Thingz Related The following links are to PARTIES that I participated in...click on them and PARTY ON!!!
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/
http://www.katiesnestingspot.com/
http://decormamma.blogspot.com/
http://www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com/
http://funtocraft.blogspot.com/
http://thriftytickle.blogspot.com/
http://www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com/
http://alittlelovelyblog.blogspot.com/
http://iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com/
http://www.bedifferentactnormal.com/

Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialPhotobucket
Katie's Nesting SpotFine Craft Guild

45 comments:

  1. I love this so much! I tried the book wreath and failed miserably!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this exact wreath a while ago using the natural coffee filters and I just love it. I get so many compliments on it!!

    Yours looks fantastic! Gotta love cheap crafts with high reward!

    www.thebirdspapaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! A $1 store run today is a MUST! Thanks for posting this!!! jules

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this wreath. I keep finding such fun wreaths and this one, I am making. I think I will do it in white and make a Christmas one. I already have my fall ones set. Thanks for the idea. If I make one, I will link back to you....cause you know I will have to blog about it....right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! i made one of the popular book page wreaths but i might need to add this one! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great idea! I'm totally going to make one of these, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I really like the natural color, very fallish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!!

    This week is my blog anniversary and I'm hosting a week's worth of great giveaways. Feel free to stop by if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Shantel!

    So glad you loved my wreath and made it yourself! Yours is beautiful too and love it hanging it over the mirror too.

    Thanks for reading!

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is soooo FABULOUS!!! You're so creative girly! It's amazing! I'm happy to be your newest follower of you delightful blog! I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to show off your sweet creations every Friday at my party - Fabulous Friday Finds! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I want to try that. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Coastal Charm. Happy Thrifting! Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for all the kind words!!! I'm working my way to everyone's blogs!! Thanks for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute. Love the price, escpecially!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another winner. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty...both front and back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous wreath... so amazing what one can make with coffee filters!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a keeper! I will be picking up the supplies on my next trip to Dollar Tree and WM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love the fullness!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to try this-love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, it really turned out great. Makes me want to try it~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you guys for all the kind words!!! This wreath was so fun to make - not the burned fingers! - but the rest of it! I'm thinking about making one with white coffee filters for Christmas!! Thanks for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really need to do one of these. Your looks great!

    Jo @ http://smilemonsters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That came out lovely and so fluffy! Love the cost and the way it looks in your home, too. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks fabulous. I love how simple it is! I definitely have to try one of these. Thanks for the inspirtation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. fantastic! I never go to the Dollar Stoare but see that I may have to make a special trip this week! I'm thinking white filters sprayed with Smooches or GLimmer Mist may just work! Thanks for such a great project! Will link you IF I get around to making one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. HOW BEAUTIFUL; THANK YOU FOR INSPIRING ME TO CREATE TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been working on one of these for a couple of days no (ran out of hot glue sticks)!! I am loving it so far. I love your version. I'm a new follower, can't wait to see more projects.
    lifeofperks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! Can't wait to try it out myself!!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    www.theivycottageblog.blogspot.com
    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely beautiful; and, oh, so affordable! These would make great decorations for a fall wedding. And then done up in white for a winter, spring, or summer wedding. Hey, they would just look terrific all year long!!!

    Thanks for the tutorial, and thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to seeing what you link up each week.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. How wonderful.... Who would have thought plain 'ol coffee filters could be so beautiful. AWESOME!

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  31. beautiful! come link it up with us so our readers can find you also:
    http://www.finecraftguild.com/diy-craft-tutorial-linky-party-20/
    we'd love to show your tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are being featured today, at http://www.FineCraftGuild.com/diy-linky-party-21/ which will be up in an hour.

    Congrads!

    To give you some extra exposure, I’m combing featuring you with this week’s DIY craft tutorial linky party, which opens today. So when picking up your 'I'm featured' badge, you could take a new project along and show of your talents, again and again. We love to showcase your tutorials and at time, feature your work. It’s excellent!

    Have a craftful, happy day, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is the prettiest coffee filter wreath I have seen yet!!

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  34. So pretty...found you at DSing and I'll be your newest follower, you did a great job on it! I tried the paper one and like Amy I failed, it's sitting there and I'm deciding whether to throw it away. Thanks for sharing, this looks alot easier than the paper one!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  35. For some reason your followers thingy isn't showing up on my lap top so I added your button to my blog.

    Have a great day,
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is beautiful, I haven't made one of those yet.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great job on the wreath! I linked it to my "wreaths" project page at my blog too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. You have been featured at SSB! Check out your feature at the link below:

    http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com/2010/11/mad-skills-monday-link-party-35.html

    Feel free to snag my I was Featured button for your blog and hope to see you at SSB soon!
    xoxo
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment because they are Pricele$$ to me!!