Saturday, November 27, 2010

Birthday Banner - PARTY ON #2


I've seen these banners all over 'blog world', so when I found out we were having Ryder's 1st Birthday at our house...I knew I wanted to make one of these!

I forgot to take a picture of the scrapbook paper before I cut it, but I got it on clearance at HB - 6 papers for $1.  I got three patterns that coordinated.  I didn't want baby blue...I think these colors are really cute for a boy!

I turned the papers over and found the center...then made lines to the opposite corners to make a triangle or a flag.

I just used regular scissors to cut out the 'flags'.

I have a wishblade cutter, so I used that to cut out the letters...here's try #1...for some reason, it didn't like that paper and did not cut all the way through. :-(
(I'm hoping to win one of the Silhouettes in a giveaway!!)
 Here's try #2.  Didn't have anymore brown paper, so switched to red...which I liked better in the end, anyways.  :-)


 Here is the letter 'R' on the flag...needed something.......

 Ahhh, better!  I just cut out the letters on white copy paper and then glued then onto the back of the letter...really made them stand out, don't you think?

 I attached the letters to the flags with 'pop up' stickers...to add dimension.

 Remember the bias tape from here??  I used it like a ribbon.  I hot glued the flags on to the bias tape.

 Here they all are, glued in a row...see all the clearance stickers??  Don't ya just love a sale??!!

Ta-da!!!

I was very happy with the results!!  What do you think?  Leave me a comment if you like or if you have suggestions on how to make it better next time!!

Supplies for banner - $2.25
Something unique for Ryder's party - Pricele$$

I party with these girls every week...click on their buttons to party with us!!
PhotobucketFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucket The DIY Show Off

Photobucket
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/Wallet-Friendly WednesdayThe Boardwalk BragfestShow and Tell GreenMake it Yours @ My Backyard EdenBeyond The Picket FenceHookingupwithHoHGet your craft on Thurs.giveaways
blog button Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingUndertheTableandDreaming

http://www.thegypsyscorner.com/

7 comments:

  1. How cute! I'm hoping to win one of those silhouettes too. *crossing fingers*

    Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your stuff here. I'm following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *SIGH* i absolutly HAVE to get one of those machines! That banner looks fabulous on your fireplace. I love the way you have all the pics lined up abovehttp://www.amaskellantics.com/ it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm currently in banner making mode myself so I appreciate the extra tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that is so darling. It really turned out great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had one of those cutters! They are so neat. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how it turned out! I am especially loving that bias tape tip. Cute! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment because they are Pricele$$ to me!!