Monday, November 22, 2010

This Week's Menu #6

Both my sons are here this week, so I went 'old-school' with the menu...meaning, I'm making things they grew up on and loved.

Pot Roast - there are 2 pot roasts under a pile of sweet potatoes, carrots, onions and a can of cream of mushroom soup....we will have stew later in the week from the leftovers.
Tips & Tricks:
I write on the tin foil, with a sharpie, the cooking/reheating instructions.  This way, if I'm running late, my husband can pick something and get it going.
This is from Rachel Ray...a trash bowl.  She has a really cute one...I just use one of my bigger bowls.  My trash can is not that far away, but it saves alot of steps and time going back and forth.  I put everything in the trash bowl and then empty it ONCE at the end of cooking.
It took me about 1 1/2 hours to cook everything this week.

Groceries for the week - approx. $100 (this included gaterade and pop for the boys)
Feeding 4 adults for 5/6 meals including breakfast and lunches for around $100 = Pricele$$

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/BCD 125Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden
http://www.thethriftyhome.com
http://www.thegypsyscorner.com/

7 comments:

  1. Shantel, this is what I call good old fashioned comfort food! I will have to try the goulash recipe! It looks dee-lish! Have a wonderful week, and keep warm, tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely menu and great tips, thanks.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your idea of labeling everything so it's easy to know what you're having and how long to cook it.

    I would love for you to link this up to What's Cooking Wednesday!

    http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/11/chicken-spaghetti-casserole-1124-whats.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a really silly question!
    I cook alot but mostly stove top. I use the oven like once a year...
    if I were to make a dish like this. you then freeze them till you use them right, not the refridgerater? and would you use a glass or metal pan?
    and one more question.. so sorry... do you need to defrost that then before you start cooking? is it bad to put frozen glass in a hot oven?
    thanks so much to anyone who can help me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Another great link up to Thrilling Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking your recipes up! I hope you'll stop by this week to link up more great recipes :)

    http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/2010/12/tex-mex-lasagna-whats-cooking-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment because they are Pricele$$ to me!!