Sunday, November 7, 2010

Garage Sale Scores #2

It was an absolutely beautiful fall day yesterday and I got to go garage saling!!! Here are my SCORES:
I have bought a few of these hurricane glasses, but not one like this. This one is THICK and heavy, and I got it for 50 cents! Score!!

it's over a 1/4 inch thick!!
Hard to see, but this is a bag of wheat...plan on doing something for Thanksgiving with this! 25 cents!
This is a wool jacket from the GAP! 50 cents! Score!!
I don't care anything about those ducks! Ha! I just wanted the frame and the glass!! It's big - 18 x 17. Can you picture it painted ORB??? Can you see the price? That's right 25 cents! Score!!
I've wanted to make a memo/picture board for my craft room for some time...this one is ugly, but it already has the backing, padding and hangers...just needs to be recovered! 25 cents!!!
Package of 50 bangles - 75 cents! I needed those Friday to match the shirt I was wearing!! Brown thick bias tape - 25 cents. Bag of Christmas potpourri (going to go in the hurricane glasses when I get them done!) 75 cents.
Can not wait to turn these into pedestal hurricane glasses, maybe next weekend! All the tall glasses were 50 cents each and the small pieces 25 cents...can you picture the small ones spray painted ORB and glued to the bottoms of the hurricane glasses??? That's the plan :-)
2 small easels - can you picture some subway art displayed on these?? The bowl is heavy...I wanted it to display some of those decorative balls made with beans (gotta make those too!!)
All 25 cents each.
Look at all the pretty!!!!!! My husband's favorite color is purple and I ran across all these ornaments!!! My plan is to make one of the ornament wreaths with these for the front hall. Some of them are even mosaic looking...so pretty!!! Each bag/container was 50 cents each, so I think I spent $3.50 on all - Score!!
And lastly....a Thomas the Train blanket for my grandson...it's so soft! 50 cents. And the cutest little denim skirt for the grandbaby on the way. 25 cents!!
This was it for this week. I've got alot of projects that I need to do...maybe next weekend??
Items bought at garage sales this week - $10.75
Actually having ideas to turn trash into treasure - Pricele$$



UndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucketSumo Sweet Stuffmmm buttonDIY Club Keeping It SimpleBWS tips buttonMaking
Photobucket
The DIY Show Off
http://www.thegypsyscorner.com/>Show and Tell GreenMake it Yours @ My Backyard Eden<br />http://www.thethriftyhome.comWallet-Friendly WednesdayHookingupwithHoHgiveaways
Beyond The Picket FenceGet your craft on Thurs.Katie's Nesting Spot Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

10 comments:

  1. AWESOME finds!!!!! check out my blog for info on the hurricane vases ;)

    keepinitthriftyandrea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, you did goooood! My baby would have flipped for the Thomas blanket. Can't wait to see what you do with the 25 cent frame. Thanks for sharing your finds :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh good finds! I also got some ornaments at a garage sale --- too cheap to pass up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, look at all that neat stuff. I have to say the purple ornaments are my fave...I am partial to that color!

    Popping over from Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's awesome! I love garage sales, but I seldom get any great finds. I guess I'll just have to keep looking! I'm visiting from MSM, hope you visit me too!
    http://www.amaskellantics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some amazing stuff, girl! How wonderful to be able to make lovely gifts out of so little. I know they will be beautiful.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos for the huge score at the yard sale. If you ever want to get rid of those purple & black Christmas bulbs let me know & I will happily take them off of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you really scored. And you have great ideas, too. I'm visiting from Thrifty Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you had a great saling day! Love the purple ornaments ... can't wait to see what you make with everything ... came from Thrifty Thursday! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice haul! I like the purple ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment because they are Pricele$$ to me!!